Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ramblings...

I have been so busy trying to move my blog over from homeschool blogger, that I haven't had time..or at least taken the time to write anything new....here are some of my rambles...

~Bekah came up to me this morning, after having lost a tooth yesterday and said "Mommy the tooth fairy forgot to come." Whoops...I forgot after being out last night and then meeting my parents at the airport. I told her "that happened to me once too....I think I got two extra quarters." That was good enough for her.

~Today after bootcamp I was on my way home and had Duncan with me. It was just Elisa and I at bootcamp since the other two had dentist appointments. Now, Duncan is really Caleb's friend, and his age, but Duncan has a soft spot for Elisa. It started, I think, when Sarah would watch Elisa for me once a week so I could take Bekah to mommy and me gymnastics classes...about 4 years ago. Anyway, Sarah and I have decided Duncan and Elisa will get married. He winks at her in church, and even today at walmart, they walked around like the best of friends. He even carried her new swimsuit for her to the cashier...and then leaned on her shoulder while waiting to check out. I thought "I never want to forget this...what if they really do end up married...?"

~I saw my parents last night for the first time in over two months...which is really strange since they live here....but, when they were on vacation in WA state, my dad had a heart attack, and a quadruple bypass...so they have been staying with Amy since August. It was so go to see them last night, if only for a few minutes, but the best thing of all was....my dad had to give up smoking, which he has done for the last 50 years...and for the first time, my dad didn't stink, he looked great and healthy, even after open heart surgery. Weird, I know, but I didn't have to hold my breath when going to give him a hug.

I must now attempt a nap...and then on to transferring over my blog more, and reloading all the pictures I previously moved over...don't ask...it will just further prove how computer illiterate I am...

1 comment:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Can you imagine their beautiful children? They will be a throwback to my German side of the family!