Monday, October 6, 2008

A few words from Caleb...

I don't get many "Caleb-isms," as I call them, any more. Caleb reads anything and everything he can, so, he doesn't give me many "cute" words or stories like he used to...basically because I think he knows more than I do about many things....anyway, this week I got two good ones from him...

We were on our way to Monday Fun last week and he wanted to get his family tree filled in for Cub scouts, which meets this week...I have no idea where this child got this because Mike and I fully believe in waiting until the last minute to do anything....anyway, so, eight days early he is asking me how to spell Grandma Lacy's name and Papa Lacy's name, and then his great grand parents names...and I said, "What about my mom and dad? Do you know their names?" "Yes,"he said." Ok, well did you write them down?" "Yes," he said. "How did you spell them?" Now, I asked this because many people don't put the e in the middle of my mom's name, and I just want to know. He said, ..D-o-n...and ...R-o-s-e(I am so proud) a-n-t..Roseant.

I was away this weekend, so my kids were scattered at friends houses. Caleb went to Duncan's and had a wonderful time...Duncan being one of his very best friends. You never know what these two will get into, but I wasn't expecting this....
On the way home I asked what he did, and as he is telling me of his adventures he says, "and Miss Sarah took us on a long walk so we could look for more pot."
Now, I am really tired after driving that afternoon, but I am pretty sure this is what I heard and I am laughing...and Gina is in the back with the girls trying not to laugh. I said, "pot?" He said, "yeah mom, you know, as in pottery." Oh, "Well, Caleb, pot and pottery are actually two very different things." To which he says, "so, what is pot?" Well..."that is for for another time....glad you had a lot of fun...."

1 comment:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

That's pretty much our family slogan: "SmallWorld Sewers and Pot!"