Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Talk at the house...

A few things Bekah is saying to Elisa at this moment.
"Come on, Elisa, let's read the Bible to our suffed animals. Let's read Genesis, Genesis is the best." Elisa says, "Genesis?" and Bekah says, "Yeah, you know the first book of the Bible. In the beginning...."and she goes on the read the first chapter of the Bible to Elisa...
"Now do you want me to read out of Luke?" "No," says Elisa...."Just a little bit?" asks Bekah... "OK."
This is a milestone, let me tell you...not that she is reading the Bible, but that she is willingly reading. On her own. And not complaining...

Earlier today, Bekah said, "Mommy, what was the other state we learned about yesterday? New Hamster?"

9 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

New Hamster! I love that! Sorry WE missed learning about New Hamster yesterday!

Unknown said...

Besides..New Hampsters are so much more fun to learn about than those Old Hampsters!!

My daughter is SO cute!! =)

grace4cyn said...

How cute are all your kiddos! What a great story.

Anonymous said...

That story makes me proud!! I know you are too! How precious.....

Danielle said...

This may be a random comment for this post, but I wanted to thank you for your words of encouragement today! Such a blessing to have the prayers of so many!

Samantha said...

New Hamster?? LOL PRICELESS!!!

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you

Tami said...

I'll be praying for your lonely heart too... as you miss your sister. Funny how they're such a part of us, isn't it?

~ Tami

Tami said...

Oh... I meant to say... I LOVE the hamster story! I love those types of posts. They give us "strangers" a glimpse of who you are. :0)