Thursday, May 3, 2007

This coming weekend I was supposed to be going to Las Vegas to meet up with my best friend Danielle, who lives in Gig Harbor, WA. We were going to make it a girls weekend, but she found out her husband is out of town on business this weekend....in Las Vegas. So, we set another date, but found that even though airfare wasn't going to be much, hotel, car, food, shopping....that would all add up to too much. And so I was crushed. I haven't seen Danielle in almost 2 years.
And so Danielle came up with the great idea that she would come visit me here!! I don't get out to WA much by myself, and my sister lives there too, so there is the splitting of time, and not much of a weekend getaway, so this is going to be great. The countdown has begun, well, it begun when she told me, but two weeks from today, Danielle will be here.
We met about 9 years ago, both of us new to Western WA, and with few friends. We hit it off immediately when, at bible study, our teaching leader started talking about marriage, and Danielle leaned over, and in her best Princess Bride voice said, "Mawwage. Mawwage is what brings us together today." Instant friendship. Danielle became my first real Christian friend. We were friends for 3 years before we made the big move to TN. And now we have been in TN for almost 6 years, and it has been great to have this friendship even across the country.
So, two weeks from today, we are headed to, I don't know where, but somewhere fun for the weekend. And I know it will be great, full of laughter, singing DC Talk, and Amy Grant at the top of our lungs....and just girl stuff...did I mention she is also a massage therapist?
Danielle and Elisa....3 years ago....

* Post A Comment!
Comments
May. 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Suzanne
It was good to meet you. I'm glad our girls got to meet, too. :-) Your friendship (mentioned here) sounds similar to the friendship I have with a gal in Minnesota. Whenever and wherever you go, I hope you "have fun storming the castle." ;-)

No comments: