Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby teeth..


I took Bekah in for her first dentist appointment in March, and figured I may as well get Elisa in too, mainly because one of E's three year old friends had 5 cavities at his first appointment. She has had some white spots I've had the dentist look at, so I figured I would be cautious. I was floored to find out she had many cavities as well. We were referred to a pediadontist and had to wait two months for that appt.
Well, today was the day. I went in there with the expectation they would have to sedate her and work on those teeth. I left with an appointment to have her go into surgery tomorrow. They have to put her under because she has to have crowns put on some of her teeth. This baffles me because I didn't have a cavity until I was 26, and Caleb and Bekah have perfect teeth. The dentist says her teeth weren't formed well and are more prone to cavities. She has five. And so I am anxious, and devastated, no, detroviated with this. I hate the thought handing her over to someone to put her to sleep. I don't even know if Mike will be able to come. We have to be there at 6:45 a.m.
So please pray for my little Elisa girl and for me. I'm thinking this is a good night for margarita night...oh wait. I have church :) Yes, please pray for me!
* Post A Comment!
Comments
May. 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SmallWorld
What a precious picture, and you know I'll be praying...I am a lark of sorts, after all.
* Permanent Link
May. 27, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jennfromtenn
How did it go? We have had ortho issues with Gabe and little Joe begins in July. Several of his baby teeth are ground down because of his bite, so I know he's gonna be in for lots of fun in the teeth department. Call me so we can schedule a play day. Jenn
* Permanent Link
May. 28, 2007 - It has floored me twice...
Posted by jenmcintyre
Emily had cavities on her first visit. It is hard to believe when you didn't have problems so young. I hope things went well. Did you have it done at Children's?

No comments: