Thursday, November 8, 2007

10-20-30 meme...

Hanging on to Smallworlds coat tails, I thought I would also post a meme, although as she says "you don't get to do a `40 years ago`" :)
10 years ago (1997 age 23) Mike and I had just celebrated our 2nd Wedding anniversary. We just moved out of our first apartment in Bremerton, WA, and moved into a duplex owned by one of the merchants I worked with. (It ended up being a huge mistake, except that we always had deer in our yard. I worked for Seafirst Bank as a Merchant Teller, and also taught Step Aerobics. My first niece, Rachel, had just been born and I started getting the desire to have a baby. My sister lived two hours north from us, so we spent a lot of weekends up in Sedro Wooley, WA.
20 years ago (1987 age 13) I was in the eighth grade at St. Charles School in Orlando, Fl. I had my second boyfriend whose name was Eddie Pita. He broke up with me because I was scared to kiss him. I was also competing in gymnastics. This year I went on to the State competition and quailfied for Regionals, although I wasn't allowed to go, because it was the same day as my eighth grade graduation. I also helped teach gymnastics to the younger kids to pay for my tuition...My best friend was Lori Sherlock and we loved listening to the Monkees, and had just seen them in concert. I also remember listening to Richard Marx, and Debbie Gibson, oh, yes, and Tiffany too.
30 years ago (1977 age 3) I am not one of those people who can remember the day I was born, or even really when I was three, but here is what I know. My family had just moved from Nashville, TN, back to my parents hometown, Evansville, IN. It was the year of a huge snowstorm and we lived on a big hill. And mom always says about the day we moved back to E'ville, "that's the day Elvis died."
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Nov. 8, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SmallWorld
I remember the day Elvis died! I bought my oldest brother a Tiger Beat magazine because he had been a big Elvis fan and I thought he would appreciate it! (He was in his late 20s. I'm sure he really enjoyed reading Tiger Beat!)

No comments: