Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Fall...

I love the fall. I love the smell of fall, the feel of fall, and putting on my jeans after a long summer, well, that is, when they fit! Anyway, Mike and I were married in the fall because it is my favorite time of year. While I don't have a poem or any beautiful words about it, I just have to say I love the fall, or autumn, as Caleb would rather me say.
This past week has once again been a whirlwind for me, and now my days go by so fast, I don't think I am enjoying them. From showing our house, to teaching gymnastics, Monday fun, swimming, this, that, and the other, I pretty much melted down last week wondering why I do what I do. And I don't mean being home with my kids, it's all that other stuff. So, this week, I am trying to let go of some of my other responsibilities. And breathe. And be a nicer mommy. And enjoy the fall.
So, today is Halloween, and we have already been to three pumpkin carving parties, and have dressed up twice already....so he are my little ones. Dorothy, Scarecrow, and of course, my Munchkin....

And here are a few from our Fall Festival, where each of my kids got to perform their gymnastics and dance...
There's Caleb and I....he really isn't that hard to spot (contrary to the look on my face)
And here are my ballerinas...
Elisa is also on the preschool showteam...
And the three of them in their bridge's...
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Oct. 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SmallWorld
Those Halloween pics...there is no WAY they could be any cuter! And, by the way, you should never lump OUR party in with other measly "pumpkin-carving" parties. Ours is THE pumpkin party! (Careful, or you may fall off the invite list....)
* Permanent Link
Nov. 2, 2007 - Just browsing this morning...
Posted by TraciJoy
and found your blog. I love it! Thanks for sharing your thoughts & beautiful family. Bless your day! Traci :-)
* Permanent Link
Nov. 8, 2007 - see
Posted by onfire
I love your shoes ... and I am in need of a great black pair today, for a funeral. this town does not know shoes. actually, there are only two places I could even purchase a pair, and one of those places is called the Bargain Shop. need I say more? (I did try on every black pair of shoes in town. no word of a lie) most of them a size 7, which I am not. so, I go to the funeral in heels, which are obviously NOT fall wear, and the heel will likely get stuck in the grass at the interment, much to my irritation and Neal's amusement ... but at least I will have made my shoe point. hopefully. I know Neal read Sarah's shoe post ...
* Permanent Link

No comments: