Monday, October 8, 2007

Making my way back...



So, it's been way too long since I have sat at my computer and even checked blogs, let alone posted one myself. About three weeks back, on our way home from church, my husband and I drove by a house we thought was pretty when we saw it on the internet. Well, we ended up falling in love with it, and, in the next few days, we put ours on the market, put an offer on the other house, and Mike received a phone call about a job he applied for 6 weeks earlier and really wants.
That's the short of it. The long is all the packing, cleaning, fixing, painting I have done over the last two weeks. And so, I have been too pooped to turn on the computer, let alone, sit down and type!! We havne't had anyone look at our house yet, which by the way looks so awesome, but we are trying to be optimistic about the sale of it so we can buy the new house. And, yes, I know it is a bad market.
Last week, after getting the house in shape, we took three days to go down to Chattanooga and get away. It was a lot of fun, and very relaxing. We saw the TN aquarium, the Children's Discovery Musuem, a bit of Lookout Mountain, and the TN River. It was pretty much the most school my kids had had in two weeks ;) So, here are some of the 500 pictures I took while I was there...I know ,it is a sickness...and hopefully I will be back in the full blogging swing of things...please pray for us!

* Post A Comment!
Comments
Oct. 9, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Suzanne
Great photos!!!! Wish I'd known you were here! (I live about 15 miles - give or take - from the aquarium.)
* Permanent Link
Oct. 9, 2007 - Welcome Back!!!
Posted by LaDonna
I've missed you blogging!!! And I missed you at the Mom's night out last night! GREAT PHOTOS!!! I hope you hear something about the house, it would be awful to be in limbo. But hey, enjoy your clean, organized house!!!!
* Permanent Link
Oct. 10, 2007 - Last time I moved...
Posted by QueenoftheHill
...I said I'd never move again. It's a nightmare keeping the place show-worthy for every tire-kicker! You have THE best family photos. Love the new one at the top of the page.
* Permanent Link
Oct. 10, 2007 - I almost thought
Posted by onfire
I was going to have to leave you a begging for another post comment. but you proved me wrong. what an excellent reason to be too busy to post. your pictures are delightful ahh ... if only I were packing for Tennessee
* Permanent Link
Oct. 10, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jenmcintyre
This last picture looks natural except Caleb looks a little on the stiff side. It is so sweet though. I wish my kids were so good natured about having their picture taken.

No comments: