Wednesday, January 24, 2007

5 Things that stir my soul...

Taking a lead from Queen of the hill and Smallworld....I thought I would also post 5 things...maybe more if they come to me, that stir my soul.
1. Singing....I love to sing and I love to sing worship music. My poor children have to endure this everyday as I belt out tunes, sometimes very well, sometimes not so very well. But I do love to sing. Oh, and I got the music award for my 8th grade graduation.
2. Dancing...As I posted before, I would love to learn to "Riverdance", but just about any kind of dancing makes my heart about leap out of my chest. This has been a passion of mine since I was a little girl and my Great Uncle George would pay me to sing and dance.
3. "My favorite spot in Bremerton" Mike and I used to live in Bremerton, WA, just outside of Seattle on the other side of Puget Sound. Everyday on my drive home from teaching aerobics, I would drive up this hill, and as I got to the top, the Cascade Mountains would be looking right at me. I love the mountains in WA, and that spot will always stir my soul. Along with that would be seeing Mt. Rainier on a clear day. Just thinking about Seattle can stir my soul. While I would never trade living in TN for anywhere else, summer in Seattle is like no where else.

4. A kiss from Mike. Mike and I are kissers. We just like to kiss each other and it is always sweet, and never less than three at a time.
5. Seeing my kids first thing in the morning. It is so amazing to me that no matter how the previous day ended, that next morning is brand new, and I can't wait to see them, and spend a new day with them.
6. My friends. I am blessed with many, and they all bring something different to my life. Being with my best friend, Danielle is so wonderful and so precious, especially since I had to leave her behind in WA and we don't see each other often. My local friends are so great to be with because they help keep me going on a daily basis.
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jan. 24, 2007 - These are wonderful!
Posted by QueenoftheHill
I'm so glad you, Dr. Hibiscus, and Smallworld took the challenge. By the way, the King spent a lot of his growing up time in Cashmere, WA, (between Leavenworth and Wenatchee). That's the home of the Applets and Cotlets Company. Yum! :D
* Permanent Link
Jan. 25, 2007 - #4????
Posted by fyftn
I can't believe that I'm number 4 on your list. At least smallworld listed the good Dr. first on her list. I sure do miss the mountains. The "Smoky Foothills" are pretty. But there's something about a 13000+ ft. snow capped mountain range. What a beautiful place.Edited by fyftn on Jan. 26, 2007 at 2:46 PM
* Permanent Link
Jan. 26, 2007 - #4
Posted by SmallWorld
Mike, if it makes you feel better, I was last on the good Dr's list, too!
* Permanent Link
Jan. 29, 2007 - True, but...
Posted by fyftn
... at least he can say he was saving the best for last. I'm not 1st because I lost out to singing (probably true). Not last because I lost out to friends (definately true). I guess I'll just hang around and be remembered when she is done singing with her friends. :)

No comments: