Sunday, January 21, 2007

Procrastination...

Ugh!! I hate being a procrastinator!! Why is it that I can have all the time in the world to prepare for my Monday fun classes, and here I am on Sunday night, starting to prepare. It is a sickness, really. My first grade report card said "Donna has a problem with organization. Her desk is always a mess." So, I am sure there is something wrong with me. I tried to tell my parents it has always been there. I don't think they bought it. Can you really overcome procrasination and disorganization? (I hope I spelled all that right) I hope so, I am tired of staying up late on Sunday nights...although, tonight was worth it to see the Colts win.

* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jan. 22, 2007 - I hear you, sister!
Posted by QueenoftheHill
If I could FIND my first grade card, I'm sure it said exactly what yours did! Determined to be a whole new me by tomorrow, I spent 3 hours today organizing my diaper bag, my purse, and my desk. (Did you know that my desk top is cherry-stained wood? I'd forgotten.) Why did my baby need 3 pairs of socks and 2 washcloths in his diaper bag? Not to mention a mini roll of toilet paper and a bag of croutons...
* Permanent Link
Jan. 22, 2007 - Ha!
Posted by SmallWorld
*I* was done by 10:16 p.m.!!! But I have to say that, as much as I hate the stress level that hits with procrastination, sometimes I just can NOT plan without that stress! It seems to be my motivator....
* Permanent Link
Jan. 23, 2007 - don't fight it, you can't win
Posted by DrHibiscus
As a co-procrastinator/non-organizational person, I feel your pain. Being a geneticist, I can assure you that you have no personal control over the situation. It is clearly a genetic disorder, so there's really nothing you can do about it. Give in, and relish in your procrastination. Allow it to fuel your creativity, and drive you to excellence. But don't let it get you down ;-)
* Permanent Link
Jan. 27, 2007 - The only thing worse in a house....
Posted by fyftn
....would be two procrastinators. At least we don't have that problem in our house :P I love rushing/helping you get ready for Monday fun at 11:00 pm Sunday night. (I'm sure we'll be doing that tomorrow) And you love helping me put together packets for people the night before a Feed Your Faith event. At least we are able to spend some stressful, adrenaline charged, time together as a couple. Love, your lifelong procrastinator husband. Mike

No comments: