Friday, January 19, 2007

First kiss...

Thirteen years ago I met a cute Navy guy in Orlando, FL. My best friend, who had just moved back to FL from Oregon after marrying her own Navy guy, couldn't wait for me to meet him. He was wearing a Cracker Jack uniform, was 18, and had the last name Williams, which was a little weird to me since that is my mother's maiden name. But really what did that matter, it's not like I had to marry the guy, I was getting ready to leave for IN to go to school.



Five days after our first date, on January 19, 1994, he held my hand and kissed me for the first time. I haven't kissed another guy since then (except for Caleb and my dad) After that, we were inseperable. Well, inseperable as you can be with Mike in Nuclear power school and then stationed in South Carolina 5 months later. I love thinking back to when we were dating...the butterflies I would get in my stomach when I would see him, going out for frozen yogurt every night (it was all I would eat), and getting to know each other. Mike is a romantic. I would get a flower for each month anniversary, and on our 6 month anniversary, he proposed. I still have the red silk flower he tied my ring to. We were only 19 and 20, but "knew what we were doing."
Thirteen years later, here we are with three kids and married for eleven years. We don't do the cute "things" we used to, a word that we would always kiss at, or do a silly dance. I don't know when that faded away. What hasn't faded is my love for him. He is still my sweetheart, my best friend, and he still can give me butterflies.
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jan. 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SmallWorld (IP Not Logged)
That is sooooooooooo sweet. You are truly blessed!
* Permanent Link * Edit * Delete
Jan. 19, 2007 - Who was that guy??
Posted by Anonymous (IP Not Logged)
We met in November, 1994 didn't we?? Who was that other guy? In all seriousness, I remember that day still. I remember the butterflies when I "asked you out". It's been a great 13 years and I have been truly blessed. I don't remember the last time we said "bustaboo" or did that silly dance but thinking about it brings a smile to my face. Happy "1st kiss" Anniversary Love you still and always, Mike
* Permanent Link * Edit * Delete
Jan. 19, 2007 - I love your post
Posted by bubbebobbie (IP Not Logged)
But mostly I love your "Mike's" response. There is something amazing about "Mike's" I have been passionate about my Mike for almost 34 years. Our first kiss was the first day I met him, he proposed three days later and we spent 20 years in the Air Force. I have a feeling that funny dance will find its way to your home tonight. Blessings to you both. Because of Jesus, Bobbie
* Permanent Link * Edit * Delete
Jan. 21, 2007 - The sweetest blog...
Posted by QueenoftheHill (IP Not Logged)
Oh, I remember those days (and those butterflies)! What a great blog!

No comments: