Friday, January 12, 2007

Birthday Eve

I thought this morning that sometimes my title Mommy isn't all it is cracked up to be. Caleb came down at 1:50 this morning after a night mare. Mike called for him to come over and tried to console him, but Caleb wanted me. I don't do well in the middle of the night and was a little aggravated , but I was the one he wanted. As soon as he got in bed and slid his little arms around me, there was no where else I wanted to be . Now granted, I was not very coherent, but I loved having this little person next to me, especially since I don't know how many more times he will want to come and snuggle with me in the middle of the night. Soon he was headed back upstairs, Little Joe in hand, and I was able to drift back off to sleep.
I decided to sleep in this morning after being up with Caleb. No working out before school, just me and my pillow until 9 am. My kids were so quiet and, come to find out, they had been working on a "Birthday Eve" party for me; they came up with the title themselves. My party was complete with presents they had made and wrapped, games, and an apple cake with peanutbutter and Hershey's Kisses. Caleb made me a card that said "Best Mom in the World" , Bekah drew pictues of me and the kids, and Elisa put some sitckers on a page with a birthday cake. They were so proud of themselves, and I was proud of them. What a great start to my day. I can't imagine not having them here at home with me to celebrate my Birthday Eve!
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jan. 12, 2007 - Happy Birthday!
Posted by SmallWorld (IP Not Logged)
And what a sweet first entry! And I'm so PROUD of you for joining the world of blogging!
* Permanent Link * Edit * Delete
Jan. 14, 2007 - That is the sweetest thing!
Posted by QueenoftheHill (IP Not Logged)
Your kids are so creative and proactive. You can totally claim that as an achievement hard won under that sometimes dubious "mommy" title. Caleb will always appreciate that you were there for him, even though it was painful at that ugly hour!

No comments: