Monday, March 19, 2007

IKEA

I got to have a girl's weekend this past weekend. I have to say my husband is really great to let me get away, although, I know he holds his breath when the weekend entails IKEA. Mainly because he has no clue what I may come home with, or what I may call him about telling him we " must have this" for our home.
IKEA is what I call "stuff mart", for anyone who has seen Veggie Tales, Madame Blueberry. As the song goes in the video " If you need a rubber hose, we got those, a rhodedenron tree, we got three. A wrap around deck, gotta check...." IKEA has anything and everything you want for inside your home. It is a wonderful, happy place to be! Tamara and I shopped in record time this Saturday, 6 1/2 hours. That is the shortest we have ever been there. Usually, it is about 10 hours. Oh, the places you can go and the things you can see at IKEA.
I told Mike I wasn't in the market for much, just keeping Tamara company, because she needed a new dresser. But, alas, I had to call him with the computer cabinet I have been searching for and it was on clearance, so I had to jump on it right then. Poor Mike. One of my favorite things about IKEA is everything is packed in boxes, so you put it together yourself. This helps keep their cost down. I am serious that I love this because I love to put things together. Mike gets in trouble with me if he does it first. So, I sit here, upset that I forgot to chrage my battery powered drill and screwdriver this morning, and I have to wait to put my desk together later today.
How do I get one of these in Knoxville, I wonder? It would probably do Mike in...but just think of the wonderful organized house I could have if only I had all access to IKEA when I wanted it. (this is where Mike is laughing) Each time I come home with "the thing" that will get me organized...The good news is, the pillow I bought for a friend is the wrong color, and we have 45 days to return it, so, guess where I will be going sometime in early April. So, get out your IKEA catalog, look online, and if you need anything, let me know. Better yet, come on with us! What a fun day it is down in Atlanta, exploring all you can do with only 1,000,or 700, or even,500 square feet.
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Mar. 19, 2007 - Oh how I love IKEA!
Posted by QueenoftheHill
They have thought of everything. Got cranky kids? Leave them in the store day care. Hungry? There's always the cafeteria filled with fabulous goodies. I used to frequent IKEA when I lived in California and found myself haunting the one in Walldorf, Germany, while Glen was at work. What a luxury it would be to have one in Blount County. But NO! We have to have a second Walmart instead.
* Permanent Link
Mar. 19, 2007 - I forgot..
Posted by partyoffive
to mention the wonderful restaurant, we always get their yummy swedish meatballs...I have never used the childcare, I've always gone w/o kids!
* Permanent Link
Mar. 19, 2007 - Me Too
Posted by hmschlmomto2
Hi, I love looking at the IKEA website. FORTUNATELY we don't have one of them in Nashville - where I live. Or I would be just like you! have fun! Pam
* Permanent Link
Mar. 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SmallWorld
One of these days, we're taking a homeschooling friends trip down!

No comments: