Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Beautiful sounds...

I had the rare chance yesterday of having the afternoon alone with Bekah, my middle child. Caleb and Mike were out , and Elisa was still asleep. I had promised to make cupcakes with B to take to preschool today to celebrate her birthday, which is tomorrow. We had such a great time. She was so happy to have this time alone..."I love it when it is just us, Mommy"
Before I could get icing on them Elisa woke up. B says "good morning E" And E grunts...oh boy, this will be fun. I told B she could put sprinkles on them and was waiting for E to throw a tantrum....but to my surprise, my almost 5 year old says, "E, would you like to help me put sprinkles on these" Immediately the grunting stopped and turned into a "Yea, Sure" What a lovely sound in my home. My girls, in harmony making cupcakes with me! E kept pouring the top of the sprinkles right on top of the icing, therefore, taking half the icing off, so I show her how to hold it higher and shake it and she looks at me and says "Fank you so much Mommy for teaching me" Too precious..this will hopefully get me past my next gasoline moment.

Mar. 6, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by TheMonkeyParade
Absolutely adoreable. Those are certainly the moments to hold onto.
* Permanent Link
Mar. 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by ApplesofGold
Hi there! I've enjoyed reading your recent posts! What a beautiful family you have. That really is beautiful sounds when the kids are being kind to each other And that sounds totally ridiculous about the "illegal" wheels. I can't believe it! Holly

No comments: