Friday, July 20, 2007

Zucchini

I planted a vegetable garden for the first time ever this year, since my pumpkins did so well after not even knowing I was planting them. They are, by the way fully ripe and ready for fall...
I planted zucchini, spaghetti squash, tomatos, and red bell peppers. While I am waiting for everything else to ripen, my zucchini has been producing veggies for over a month now and Mike and I have enjoyed many nights of it. Here is a recipe my mom sent me from my Uncle Bob. It is quite yummy, and easy...
Uncle Bob's receipe:
Zucchini Boats
Wash zucchini, cut off both ends and then slice in
half horizontally.
Dig out pulp with teaspoon and chop up with 2 green
onions or 2 thin onion slices.
Place together in small bowl with 2 pats of butter on
top. Microwave 2 minutes and mix in 1/2 finely
chopped tomato.
Turn zucchini shells upside down and microwave 2
minutes. Replace pulp mixture in shells, sprinkle 1/2
package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix over, top
with Parmesan cheese and microwave another 2 minutes
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jul. 21, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by fyftn
Good stuff!!!! Like good ol' fried in butter too.

No comments: