Thursday, July 12, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new...






Last Friday I decided I was really going to catch up on my laundry. My girls had no clean underwear, and, well there was just a lot to do. So, I had everyone bring me their dirty clothes and I started my first load. The water filled to the top and then it just grunted at me. It wouldn't shake, spin, turn, nothing. I tried different cycles, but all it would do was add water.

Good bye, dear friends....thanks for all my clean clothes...





And so I called my dad, who was supposed to have all the answers. He thought the transmission had gone out, though he couldn't say for sure but gave me the number of a guy who would charge me $50 to come look at it. After talking to Mike, we decided we would just go ahead and get a new one. I had my mom's machine that was 15 years old. Our dryer had also seen a few days. We bought it used 9 years ago from someone who had bought it used...
And so our adventure began last weekend..What brand? What store, price, front load or top load? Top of the line, middle of the line, best deal, free delivery, haul away....and, cleaning underwear by hand...
In the end we got a front load washer with it's matching mate, and spent more than I had planned , but they look so good next to each other!!
I am now in the midst of trying to get all the laundry done while figuring out what to do with all that was shoved in my laundry room in the first place. The nice thing about the front load is I think Caleb is now able to do his own laundry....Bekah just likes to sit in front of the washer and watch the clothes go round and round....after pushing all the buttons, of course. Oh, and did I mention how really bad standing water smells when you procrastinate taking out a tub full of wet clothes and dumping out the water in buckets?


Hello, new, faster, energy saving friends




So glad they are also a source of entertainment...

* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jul. 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SmallWorld
Sweet! ( I mean, suh-weet, not "how sweet!")
* Permanent Link
Jul. 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by LaDonna C.
Your old washer looks exactly like MY old washer, which also bit the dust during our "January from you-know-where!" But I didn't get the front loaders. Somehow the argument, "But ALL my friends are getting them!" didn't work on my hubby!!!!

No comments: