Monday, July 23, 2007

Vacation Bible School...


Yesterday our church began VBS. I don't know why, but we have always had it at the very end of the summer. For the third year, I am leading the music. I literally get real pumped to get the new cd and dvd to learn the song and dance moves. It is so fun for me to be up on stage leading music. Probably has something to do with me wanting to perform Riverdance for all of you one day...Anyway, this year we are doing Avalanche Ranch and so our dances have a bit of country to them. While I am by no means a country fan, I love the dances. And a lot of the songs are familiar ones, like Steven Curtis Chapman's Great Adventure, and Chris Tomlin's Forever, so I am pumped to have "moves" for these songs.
My girls and I went last night, all of us with pig tails in our hair and me in a cowboy hat. Caleb and Mike were invited by my dad to go to Atlanta to go see the Cardinals and the Braves. I had to put the Cards first, because that is who they were cheering for, my dad being a lifelong fan. Originally the game started at 1 p.m., but ESPN wanted to cover it, so they changed it to 8 p.m. Atlanta is 3 hours from here, and of course the game went into extra innings....I saw my guys at 2:30 this morning. (Cards one 7-2 in the 10th scoring 5 runs in the 10th after they decided to leave...)
And so, for the rest of the week, in the evenings, I will help lead "the ranch" This really is a joy for me. I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures to show, especially in Elisa's preschool class. They have a covered wagon they sit in for story time, and a horsie they ride on while trying to lasso a cow. In the end, though, I hope we all learn more about God, get more excited about our relationship with Him, and have a great time as we see the God is real....yeehaw!
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Jul. 23, 2007 - You're...
Posted by Suzanne
...girls are sooo cute! I'm glad Bekah is doing better after her walking, running, yelling pneumonia. :) Thanks for leaving me a comment! Hope VBS continues to go well!
* Permanent Link
Jul. 25, 2007 - Where's the good looking cowgirl that drove them to VBS???
Posted by fyftn
Those are 2 of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen =) (may be slightly biased). I want the pictures of you and them together with your pigtails. Hope you're having a good day.

No comments: