Thursday, February 22, 2007

Just Want to Read

Yesterday afternoon, I thought how I really just wanted one day to sit down and enjoy a book. It has been awhile since I have, and thought I deserved this. And I wanted to have the book read for my book club this month..My children don't see things my way on this one. I started reading Crow Lake during nap time, when no one needs me, and I have two hours of peace. Elisa knew what I was up to...she came out 300 times, screamed when I put her back in her room, and Bekah learned to tap dance during nap, I think (her room is right above mine) So,as I tried to have my peace, which wasn't much, I thought, well after nap they can play and I shall continue to read....selfish, I know, but by golly, I wanted to read this book.
Elisa never really took a nap, so when she came down, she was grumpy as they come. "Hold me Mommy...." She then ran into my bathroom ( the furthest one from her) proclaiming she had to pee, then ran out to ask me to pull down her underwear. (she never does this) It was about 15 minutes later, I went to go to the bathroom and there was pee all over the floor. She is now sitting in my living room, and I say "Elisa, did you pee on my floor?" She said "yes, I didn't make it to the potty" Lovely, so now there is pee on my carpet and my bathroom...
As I am about to go a bit crazy with "Mommy can you do this, Mommy watch that..." I decide to call Mike and vent. " All I really would like is to read!!!" He says, "send them outside" Duh, what a great idea...I forgot that was an option, after all this time inside. They go outside until Elisa scrapes her knee and decides that is no longer fun. I decide to give her attention and loving, and lo and behold...C and B decide time to come in. At this point I have to say that I have a cold and can't taste or smell anything...but I could really smell gasoline when they walked in the door. So I ask, "C were you playing in gas" He was a bit surprised that I could have know this...."well, I was holding the can..." "And pouring it out," Bekah chimed in. Sigh...so much for them being outside...now a whole new can of worms. I will have to blog later about the conversation that took place between C and I later....
After they both took their showers and ate, I sent them all to bed..It was 7:30. That has never happened in this house. Mike was going to the UT game, and I was out of, well, gas :) So, I took a deep breath, opened my book, and enjoyed it until midnight, when I finished the last page. It may be awhile before I sit down to read a book again...
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Feb. 22, 2007 - Did you call Poison Control?
Posted by QueenoftheHill
We called Poison Control a lot when Tristan was a little guy. He should have worked as a tester in the place they engineer childproofing devices. When he drank gasoline, they said he'd be okay as long as he didn't aspirate it into his lungs. "BUT," they said, "don't light any matches around

No comments: