Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby girl....

Look who I was blessed with five years ago today!!!



Elisa was our surprise baby. Not because we didn't want three, we just wanted a third a year or two later...Caleb was 3 1/2 and Bekah was 1 1/2 when she was born.
To say that first year was hectic, stressful, sleep deprived, would be an understatement. But, look what I got in return!! This little girl brightens my life, and all those she meets. She is precious.

I have actually dreaded today for awhile because she is, well 5 now...and my youngest...but this morning I heard her little feet running to my room and I couldn't wait to see her and wish her a happy birthday. I said "is that my 5 year old?" And her face lit up. She melts my heart.



The first thing she wanted to do was work on....school. It's Saturday, but she says it is her birthday and she pulled out he Explode the Code 1 book, and went to work...she is also very funny..and loves to learn....

Festivities won't be too grand today, what with the lice and all...but we will enjoy her as a family...play games, read books, watch movies...whatever she wants to do...we did pick out funfetti brownies for dessert....

I love this little girl, and I am so happy to have had these 5 years with her,even if they flew by....and I can't wait for the next 5, and the next....

Happy Birthday, Baby girl!!! (She did tell me I could still call her that...)

4 comments:

Gina said...

I can't believe she's 5!!! What a beautiful-fun-loving-cute little girl! I am glad she's in my life!

Tami said...

Happy birthday to your BABY! The youngest is always the hardest, don't ya' think? She's adorable!

~ Tami

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Happy Birthday, precious girl!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I hopped over from MCKS and had to comment.. my baby is 2 today! So Happy Birthday to Elisa!! (Maybe he'll go for the "older woman" ;)