Thursday, December 2, 2010

An orange envelope...

Since I have been taking pictures of friends and their beautiful children, I have had many orange envelopes arriving on my doorstep each week. I love pictures. I love looking and them and receiving packages of them. I use Shutterfly. A lot.

Tis the season for many Christmas envelopes coming. I recently got my 2011 calendar finished, ordered, and received. I needed November and December of 2010, so I like that I can start the calendar at any time. And I have all my favorite "peeps" birthday's already printed on the calendar. I always choose a favorite picture for each month from the year before. My kids always get their pictures on their birthday month, and my favorite Christmas picture goes in December.

Today I got my newest Shutterfly album of our family pictures. Earlier this week it was some of my Christmas cards. Designing my cards is always something I love. There are so many designs and templates to choose from, and I enjoy "playing" with which picture may work here...deciding whether I should use induvidual pictures or a group picture. Here is a sneak peak of one of my designs this year:


This isn't the first year I have used Shutterfly, I think I am on my fifth year of their Christmas cards. I loved last years because we had another person on it!

One thing I have not tried on Shutterfly is their canvas prints. I recently took my sisters family pictures and she ordered a large canvas print. It is beautiful, and now I am jealous I didn't think of it first after ordering my own family pictures.


Tonight I finished one of my son's Christmas presents. He and Mike got to spend a weekend on the USS Yorktown with the Boy Scouts while we were in Charleston, and he took many pictures. So, tonight I finished his photo book and can't wait to give it to him!

This week, thanks to Sarah, I found out that bloggers can get 50 free Christmas cards from Shutterfly! I have some, but not enough, so yay, another orange envelope to look forward to!

No comments: