It all started with my plans for a wonderful Mother's Day. I had to work on The Day, so I did some serious planning for a VERY memorable post Mother's Day week. Here are all the things I did for Donna. After reading this, I'm sure you will agree that I went above and beyond!
- I took Donna out to dinner with the family at a fabulous restaurant!
- I arranged for her parents to come over to the house and watch the kids after dinner.
- I reserved her a WONDERFUL room with a view of the Smokey Mountains for a 5 day retreat.
- She was served EVERY meal in bed for the entire duration of her stay.
- She had a bed all to herself...adjustable to sit up and lie down I might add.
- No one ever complained about the 120 straight hours of HGTV.
- I arranged to have a personal servant respond immediately every time she pressed the red button next to her bed.
- Personal leg massagers were provided to lovingly rub her calves.
- I got her lingerie, including fancy robe and panties.
- I arranged, via e-mail, for flowers to be delivered to her bedside.
- I took care of getting the kids transported to baseball games, classes, etc as well as having child care provided for her entire stay at her "sanctuary".
- Because of all the "planning" I did, she had dinner's delivered to her home for 2 weeks after returning home from her Mother's Day retreat.
Now...who wouldn't want a Mother's Day like that? I think I did a fantastic job!
And that, my friends, is the rest of the story.