Monday, December 10, 2007

Decorating the tree..

Most years, our tradition is to put up our Christmas tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But this year, our tree and all our decorations were sitting in a storage unit about five minutes from our house. We were hopeful that we would be in our new house by Christmas, so it was the first in the storage unit. I finally got excited enough to tackle this, and so last Thursday we all went to the storage unit and got most of our decorations.
This was my first look at all we have in storage, and wow, we have a lot in storage! Now I am wondering what to do with it all. Mike easily found the tree and was ready to leave with just the tree, but I lovingly reminded him we needed ornaments. So, as he set to work finding those, I looked for the presents I had bought through the year. After lugging and pulling and ripping tape, we got it done and here is the result....
We ended up decorating on the 6th , which is St. Nicholas Day, and a tradition in my family for as long as I can remeber. I also found my Christmas cd's, much to Mike's dismay, but, I put on Emmanuel first, which is our favorite, and it felt like Christmas. (just don't ask me how many pictures I had to take to get this last shot...)
* Post A Comment!
Comments
Dec. 11, 2007 - truly beautiful
Posted by onfire (206.132.53.155)
it just wouldn't be christmas, to me, without a tree. and I am also glad to see we are not the only family who needs to rearrange some furniture slightly in order to accomodate the bush.
* Permanent Link * Edit * Delete
Dec. 12, 2007 - It's so beautiful...
Posted by Mom (134.114.24.77)
For me, sitting in the darkened living room with the tree lights glowing and some Christmas music in the background gives me a sense of calm and peace in this hectic hectic time. Then again, we don't have a houseful of little ones to keep the calm times at bay! As the Bible says, for every thing there is a Season, and we're in a later Season of life. My wish for you dear ones is that you continue to love each moment of your lives together - they are all so precious.
* Permanent Link * Edit * Delete
Dec. 19, 2007 - You never know...
Posted by QueenoftheHill (72.12.53.46)
It just may be that tree that sells the house!

No comments: